Accelerated Surface Finishing Compounds for Vibratory
Acelerated Surface Finishing combines the benefits of low RMS (Root Mean Square), non-directional mass finishing with chemical accelerants. The chemical accelerants significantly reduce the process time for hardened surfaces compared to mechanical abrasive methods.
This reduced process time enables you to achieve a very low surface roughness without heavy metal removal and radiusing of the part.
Advantages of Accelerated Surface Finishing:
- Achieve low RMS finishes without heavy metal removal or radiusing.
- Achieve negative skew values by removing surface peaks while retaining micro valleys for lubricant retention.
- Refine surfaces to mirror-like brightness and very low surface roughness.
- Reduce friction, lower torque requirements and minimize surface wear thereby reducing operating temperatures.
- Precision components are imparted with a “Run-In” surface condition.
- Increase fatigue life.